360° Switzerland on Lucerne’s doorstep
Lucerne’s «own» mountain has so many stunning sides: the aerial cableway and panorama gondolas from Kriens to Pilatus Kulm with stunning views - breathtaking panoramic views over the lakes of Central Switzerland, not to mention the Alps - no fewer than 73 mountain peaks (count them for yourself!) - the local specialities, A-la-carte menus and international delicacies in the homely restaurants on Pilatus Kulm - one-of-a-kind accommodation facilities at 2,132 metres above sea level in the Hotel Bellevue or the Hotel Pilatus-Kulm which is steeped in history and romance - and finally a trip on the world’s steepest cogwheel railway from Pilatus Kulm to Alpnachstad or Kriens.
- Travel from Kriens/Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm and back down either way
- Ticket is valid for 1 day only
|Swiss Pass (incl. Swiss Flexi Pass):||GBP 22.00|
|Swiss Card / Swiss Half Fare Card:||GBP 22.00|
|Children 6- under 16 without STS Family Card:||GBP 22.00|
* Subject to change
- Steepest cogwheel railway in the world (48 %) from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm
- Accommodation facilities in the hotels at Pilatus
- Pilatus Seilpark - the biggest suspension rope park in Central Switzerland on the Fräkmüntegg (open April to November).
- 6 km sleigh run in winter (middle of December to end of March)
- DrachenMoor - Krienseregg nature experience (themed path)
- Fantastic children’s playground at the Krienseregg
- Switzerland’s longest summer toboggan run on the Fräkmüntegg
Good to know
- Operation all year round.
- Bus No. 1 from Lucerne rail station to Kriens/Linde
- From the middle of November to the beginning of May, the Pilatus is only accessible from Kriens/Lucerne (by panoramic cable railway and cable car). Engineering works on Kriens-Fräkmüntegg panoramic cable railway and Fräkmüntegg-Pilatus Kulm cable car: 22.10.-09.11.12. During this period, the cogwheel rack railway still provides a regular service from Alpnachstad
- Wheelchair users and groups need a reservation
- Children: Under 6 years and children holding a Swiss Family Card do not require a ticket.