It’s the tops - peaks over 4000 m as far as the eye can see
Switzerland not only has the highest mountains, but also the prettiest railways. If you want to combine both, then climb on board the Gornergrat Railway in Zermatt. The highest open-air rack railway in Europe climbs past Swiss stone pine and larch forests up to a height of 3,089 metres. Once you reach the top you can enjoy breathtaking, all-round views of 29 peaks above 4,000 metres, with the Matterhorn right in the centre. The Gornergrat is also a great starting point for some wonderful walks. In winter, there are attractive descents in the glistening snow and a beautiful, one-of-a-kind sleigh run.
- Travel on rack railway from Zermatt to Gornergrat and back down
- Ticket is valid for 1 day only
|Swiss Pass (incl. Swiss Flexi Pass):||GBP 28.00|
|Swiss Card / Swiss Half Fare Card:||GBP 28.00|
|Children 6- under 16 without STS Family Card:||GBP 28.00|
* Subject to change
- New: Hotel Kulm Gornergrat totally refurbished with access lifts and shopping mall
- Summer: Exclusive sunrise trips
- Winter: Zermatt-Cervinia ski region
Good to know
- The Gornergrat Railway runs daily every 24 minutes from 08.00-16.24 hours
- Exchanging vouchers: At the cash desk of the valley station
- For further information and pictures please visit: www.gornergrat.ch
- Children: Under 6 years and children holding a Swiss Family Card do not require a ticket.